Some legends have such a strong hold on people’s imaginations that they are frequently revisited and repeated. One such is the Robin Hood tale, which must be well-liked at iSoftBet because the developer has returned for a second recounting with the online slot machine Sheriff of Nottingham 2. Although the villain of the story is mentioned in the title, Marian, Robin, and his Merry Men are all present, along with Sheriff Respins, a newly updated hold & win feature.
Betting and Prizes
Any device can be used to play Sheriff of Nottingham 2, which accepts wagers ranging from 20p to £/€20 each spin. Players may choose to employ the Sheriff Bet if it is offered, which increases the likelihood of activating modifiers or the feature. But doing so increases the stake by 25%. In the main game, there are 20 fixed paylines to land winning combinations across on a 5-reel, 3-row grid matrix.
Now that we’ve turned our attention to the paytable, we can see some extremely showy low-paying card royals (10-A), which provide payouts of 2.5–5 times the wager for five-of-a-kind combinations. The high pays, which are symbolised by parchment, axes, swords, and some type of red or gold object, are displayed after these and pay 7.5 to 25 times the bet for five of a kind. The Sheriff appears on both the standard 1×1 wild and the stacked wild symbols (covered below). As a wild symbol, the Sheriff can be used to complete winning lines by replacing any other pay symbols.
On any spin, this Pick a Scroll feature could activate. When that happens, three scrolls show on the screen, and by clicking one of them, players can see a modifier:
- The Sheriff Respins extra round is given as a bonus.
- Sheriff Wilds – randomly places 4 to 10 wild symbols on the reels.
- A winning spin is assured with Win Spin.
- Mystery symbols are introduced to the reels and all change into the same kind of symbol.
- Wanted Spin: The Sheriff lands and awards whatever money symbols that are visible.
- Stacked Wilds – stacked wilds with x1 multipliers are added to the reels. They are prodded to come into full view if they are only partially visible. Every nudge makes the multiplier rise by 1.
The Sheriff Respins bonus round is started when three money icons appear. Three respins are given in this instance, and they reset when new Merry Men or money symbols are landed. One of the Merry Men (or Maid Marian) is revealed when Mystery Merry Men emblems fall:
- Will Scarlet starts the right reel and pays out 1x the wager.
- 1x the bet is awarded, and Friar Tuck starts the left reel.
- Little John doubles all prizes visible, including the Sheriff, and pays out 1x the bet. before Robin Hood applies his modifier, boosts him.
- 1x the bet and an additional life are awarded by Marid Marian. Retries stop at 0, and then another spin is given.
- Robin Hood: Each time you spin, it adds x1 or x2 to all of the symbols. even after being discovered still doing it
The spots are unlocked when the Sheriff of Nottingham symbol lands and collects all other symbols. Sheriff emblems on the grid can be collected from by other sheriffs. The Merry Men (and Maid Marian) will be removed by being imprisoned when a Sheriff of Nottingham emblem is seen. The win at the end of the round is multiplied by x5 when all five are activated.
Theme and Design
The standard game takes place on the cobblestone streets of “olde” Nottingham, and the bonus round takes place inside what look to be dungeons. If true, these must be among the most hygienic prisons from the Middle Ages.
In comparison to the first Sheriff of Nottingham game, Sheriff of Nottingham 2 has a grimmer, more urban aesthetic and is less humorous. It is a part of iSoftBet’s Twisted Tales series. Even yet, it’s a fun, lighthearted adventure where Robin and his friends are as upbeat as ever and the Sheriff has a sinister appearance.
The second Sheriff of Nottingham game would have had a larger impact if the first one hadn’t left us feeling so unimpressed. It didn’t leave a bad impression per se—it looks good and has a little more edge than the original—but in many respects it felt like more of the same. That would be great for those seeking a streak respins game with some odd extras, and since there are many Robin Hood slots available, there is probably a market for Sheriff of Nottingham 2.